WELCOME TO THE PATIENT PORTAL
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality of care that San Diego Rheumatology Medical Group, Inc. provides our patients, we are offering a new way to communicate with us online.
The Patient Portal is a secure, web-based system that allows real time access to certain elements of your medical record including:
- Ask the doctors, nurses, billing department, or receptionists a question.
- Add or update your personal information.
- Request well-care appointments and refills on your existing medication.
- Review existing appointments and statements.
- Review your immunizations and labs.
This two-way messaging allows you to contact our office electronically, and also allows our doctors and office staff to communicate with you. There is no obligation to use this new system and we still remain available to you by phone during and after office hours. Using the portal will allow you to bypass voicemails and telephone trees, and allow you to communicate with us at your convenience, 24/7, from any internet device.
***Please note that this service is for non-urgent communication only***
When you connect to the portal, you are NOT connecting to our actual office computer system, but a secure web site hosted elsewhere. Only the limited information you see is stored on the portal, the actual records are maintained in our office.
In order to use the Patient Portal, you must first obtain a username and password. For security reasons, we cannot register patients for the portal over the phone. Our receptionists will register you at your next visit.
You’ll need to have a permanent email address that you check regularly. Private health information will not be sent to your email; instead the email will alert you that you have a new message posted on the patient portal. We want to keep your health information secure and confidential. Therefore, the system will lock you out with 3 failed attempts to enter the portal. Call our office to unlock your portal account.
Once you sign up for the portal, we do assume you will use it. If you ever decide you would forego the portal please let us know and we’ll deactivate the account.
Important Information about the Patient Portal:
- Use is for non-emergency communication and requests.
- The Portal is used for communication between appointments. The Portal does not replace your scheduled appointments.
- The Portal is not checked on the weekends. It is only checked during regular business hours.
- Please allow up to 24-48 business hours for us to respond. For prescription refills please allow 48-72 business hours.
- We will not send any private health information to your e-mail.
- We will send you an e-mail only when necessary, to request that you access the secure Patient Portal to review private healthcare information that we have posted on your Patient Portal.
- Documents and forms cannot be attached to the Portal messages.
It’s Easy! Here’s how:
Click on the Patient Portal Link here:
Next, log in with a PIN and assigned password and follow the directions.